Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Why All The Stop Signs God??



 Sometimes life seems like a bumpy, curvy road full of stop signs.  Just when you feel like things are picking up – stop sign.  Just when you get going at a good clip – stop sign.  I admit – I’m not a big fan of stop signs.  Instead I would rather drive the long and curvy road – maybe slow down – but definitely not stop!  Yet, probably for this reason alone God has chosen to line my life at this moment with a lot of stop signs.

I’ve shared on the air and in person with friends and family that this is a difficult season.  It’s not the first difficult season, but it is one of the longest and slowest.  As a couple, we feel like we have had our legs kicked out from under us.  The security of our friends is no longer an option.  Our financial security is also missing.  I keep asking myself about what lesson God has for me and us in this time.  I know that depending solely on Him is part of it but I also feel like there is another lesson still to come.  I’ll be honest, I’m not really excited about any more lesson!. 

The lesson that I have had to repeat time and time again in my life is patience.  I use to say, ‘patience is a virtue, it’s just not one of mine!’  Yep, probably should have kept that thought to myself because I keep living this lesson.  The road to patience and peace is the road I believe I’m on right now.  The stop signs – if I had to guess they are a way of reminding me that I’m not in control.  A sage reminder but not one of my favorites considering I’m a control freak. 

Okay, so if this is why stop signs are loitering my life when will this lesson be over?  Aw, this is the quagmire I’m currently stumbling around on.  See, I have no answers.  As I say on my show, I just have a lot of questions about this but no real answers.  What I do know is that I’m being asked to stop a lot and all I want to do is speed .

Xo
Melissa

No comments:

Post a Comment